Kentucky Adult Education programs provide instruction aligned with the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education to assist unemployed and under-employed individuals, as well as individuals seeking to transition to postsecondary education and ultimately employment with family sustainable wages to improve academic and workplace skills in pursuit of a GED and/or NCRC.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
• Provides skill-based credentials to Kentuckians to help them secure employment.
• Provides employers with workers that have documented skills proficiencies.
• Certifies applicants who employers can hire with confidence.
The NCRC is based on three WorkKeys skill areas:
• Reading for Information
• Applied Math
• Locating Information
To earn an NCRC, a person must take all three assessments.
The NCRC is awarded in three levels:
• Silver – for a score of 4 on all three assessments
• Gold – for a score of 5 on all three assessments
• Platinum – for a score of 6 on all three assessments
To learn more about the NCRC, call our office at 270 358-8334. These services will be provided free of charge to adult education eligible students!